Voting in Arkansas
Who can vote in the state of Arkansas?
To be eligible to vote:
- You must be an U.S. citizen and an Arkansas resident.
- You must be age 18 before the next election within the county.
- You must not presently be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- You must not have been convicted of a felony without your sentence discharged or pardoned.
- You must not claim the right to vote in another county or state.
When is the deadline to register to vote?
The deadline is 30 days before the scheduled election. For the November 6, 2012 election, the deadline was October 8th.
How do I check my voter registration?
The quickest and easiest way to check your registration is to visit the Voter View website at https://www.voterview.ar-nova.org/.
When can I vote?
November 6, 2012 is Election Day; but you may vote early beginning October 22, 2012.
Where can I find more information on voting?
Visit the Arkansas Secretary of State’s website on elections at http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/elections.html. The website contains information on voting, a listing of every Arkansas candidate, voting and election rules and guidelines.
To find your ballot, put in your information on the Voter View page:
You should receive your registrant information, followed by a sample ballot link.
Dean B. Ellis Library
Arkansas State University
PO Box 2040
State University, AR 72467
My favorite books are:
usually horror, fantasy and dark humor books. But I'll read anything once -- well, anything but romance!
My favorite quote is:
"I am, was, and always will be a catalyst for change" ~ Shirley Chisholm
The last book I read is:
Fledgling by Octavia Butler