Skip to Main Content

Tax Guide: Tax Forms

Information about federal and state taxes

Where to find tax forms

Federal Tax Forms

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) distributes Federal tax forms, instructions and publications in the following ways:

  • In Person: Forms and instructions may be picked up on main floor of the Dean B. Ellis Library, near the newspapers and the Internal Revenue Office, Federal Building, 2nd Floor, 615 South Main, Jonesboro, AR 72401. 

As you may be aware, IRS appropriations were significantly cut in the 2015 Omnibus Appropriations bill recently passed by Congress.  This means that there are very limited tax forms and no instructions being sent out to libraries.  If you do not see the forms you need, please visit to view or print the forms you need. 

  • Phone: 1-800-829-3676 – to request tax forms, instructions & publications; 1-877-777-4778 – to speak with the Taxpayer Advocate Service

  • IRS TaxFax: 1-703-368-9694 – to obtain tax forms by fax

  • Internet:


NOTE: The IRS no longer mails out forms to individuals.


Federal Quick Links:

Form 1040 (Instructions)

Form 1040 is used by U.S. taxpayers to file an annual income tax return.

Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.



A general guide to what Schedule(s) you will need to file. (See the instructions for the Schedules for more information.)

Have additional income, such as capital gains, unemployment compensation, prize or award money, gambling winnings. Have any deductions to claim, such as student loan interest deduction, self-employment tax, educator expenses. Schedule 1
Owe AMT or need to make an excess advance premium tax credit repayment. Schedule 2
Can claim a nonrefundable credit other than the child tax credit or the credit for other dependents, such as the foreign tax credit, education credits, general business credit. Schedule 3
Owe other taxes, such as self-employment tax, household employment taxes, additional tax on IRAs or other qualified retirement plans and tax-favored accounts. Schedule 4
Can claim a refundable credit other than the earned income credit, American opportunity credit, or additional child tax credit. Have other payments, such as an amount paid with a request for an extension to file or excess social security tax withheld. Schedule 5
Have a foreign address or a third party designee other than your paid preparer. Schedule 6






State Tax Forms

The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration distributes Arkansas tax forms and instructions in the following ways:



Quick Links: