Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Arkansas State University

Tax Guide: Tax Services

Information about federal and state taxes

Free Tax Services

Tax Assistance Centers

Provide face-to-face help and, if you qualify, will prepare and file your taxes for free.  In order to qualify for free tax preparation, you must either qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or earn less that $72,000 as well as meet other requirements.  For a list of Tax Assistance Centers in your area, click here.

Jonesboro Tax Assistance Center
615 S. Main St.
(870) 802-0219

Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
Services Provided



Tax Counseling for the Elderly

The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) provides free tax help and preparation to people aged 60 and over.  Together with the TCE, AARP provides on-site tax help in over 7,000 clinics nationwide for low-to-middle income seniors. For a list of TCE in your area, click here.


Tax Services for the Military

The Armed Forces Tax Council provides free tax preparation and help to military families.  These volunteers are trained in military related tax laws including combat zone benefits and Earned Income guidelines.  Military personnel and their families should check with the offices at their installations.


Low Income Taxpayer Clinics

If you have a problem such as an audit or collection issues with the IRS that you cannot resolve on your own or afford legal services, you may qualify for Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITCs).  LITCs provide services for free or, in some cases, a small fee.   For more information about LITC qualifications and contact information for LITCs, click here.  


Tax Advocate Services

Taxpayer Advocates provide free, independent and confidential tax assistance to individuals experiencing hardships or unable to solve their tax problems through normal means.  For more information about services or to contact our advocate in Arkansas, click here.  To find an advocate outside of Arkansas, click here.