Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reference Resource of the Month
Guide to U.S. Government Publications / John L. Andriot
- formerly called "Andriot" after the editor
- Organizes content by SuDoc numbers
- Provides an overview of when particular SuDocs were in use throughout history
Agency of the Month
Department of the Interior
- Read about the agency in the U.S. Government Manual. Its history, significant personnel, sub-agencies, and tasks and services are described. There is also an organization chart and helpful links. From the manual:
- The Department manages the Nation's public lands and minerals, national parks, national wildlife refuges, and western water resources and upholds Federal trust responsibilities to Indian tribes and Alaska Natives. It is also responsible for endangered species and migratory wildlife conservation; historic preservation; surface-mined lands protection and restoration; mapping geological, hydrological, and biological science; and giving financial and technical assistance to the insular areas
Government Documents Staff
DID YOU KNOW?
The Astate Library was designated a federal depository library in 1913, and it is believed that Representative Thaddeus H. Caraway, Congressman from Jonesboro, was responsible for securing depository library status for Astate. The Dean B. Ellis Library is one of 1,270 federal depository libraries throughout the United States and territories that provide free access to the information resources of the federal government, and one of 13 federal depository libraries in the state of Arkansas. The Library's collection contains more than 100,000 U.S. government publications, in print, microform, and electronic formats.
Recommended Resource: National Map
, Computer Science
, Government Information
, Information Literacy
, Law & Criminal Justice
, News and Newspapers
, Primary Sources
, Science & Mathematics
Holidays, Special Days, and Observances
Trivia / Social Media Suggestions