Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Evaluating the Website
When I go to the journal's website, I immediately noticed this on the top corner:
A reputable journal would never have such a prominently displayed typo.
- More typos, particularly random capitalization.
- Strange word choices: "You are enforced"
- When I click on "Indexing" all it says is "coming soon." Reputable journals should be indexed in reputable places.
- Outrageous publishing prices. This is major red flag. (Note: In a year period, this charge has gone up by $400).
- No contact information for the journal or editor-in-chief.
- Editorial board and peer reviewers include people from all disciplines - not just library science. What expertise in libraries and information science do a mechanical engineer and an auditor have? Interestingly, none of the people list are the ones I'm supposedly receiving emails from.
- No photos or contact information given for editors or peer reviewers.
- Editorial board and peer reviewers are all international and was difficult to verify their credentials and background.
- Articles are written and published in English, but many editors and reviewers do not appear to publish in English themselves.
- When I looked up editors and peer reviewers, their actual area of expertise did not always match what was listed on the journal's website.
- No information about peer reviewed process.
- Significant portion of page is dedicating to article processing charges, not peer review process, copyright, or policies.
This journal is part of the "Science Publishing Group." I quickly noticed these issues:
- Science Publishing Group claims it publishes over 200 scholarly journals in practically every subject that exists (from art to medicine).
- They are located on Fashion Avenue in New York City - odd place for an academic publisher. When I checked Google maps, I did not see them.
- None of their social media pages have been updated since October 2016.